Monday 6 June 2016

THE LADY



Hello People!

I must confess that I have been looking forward to putting up the first post on the journey to discovering me. So I am typing this and thinking how do I start and then this thought came to me…why not start with talking about “The Lady”. You know before ‘The Lady Painter’, I am firstly a Lady - *winks*.



My name is Udoka Uju - I didn’t mention it in my ‘intro’ post. A young lady from Imo State, Nigeria and a graduate of University of Port Harcourt with BSc. Economics now turned a Painter. LOL!! What an irony!

I know most of you might just wait to see pictures of me painting and my projects. I will definitely put them up on this blog as I work and I also have some on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. But for those that have not seen any of them, please check my last post and do not worry, much more will be shared here.

So…it has taken me a while to get to where I am today. The woman that turned out to be ‘The Lady Painter’ started the journey to self-discovery in 2010. I had just graduated from the University and had no clue of what I wanted to do with my life – lol! Back in 2008, I read Rick Warren’s ‘The Purpose Driven Life’. I loved the book while I was reading it but totally forgot about it after I finished reading it…(I will come back to this book).

All my life before 2010, I was taught to believe that you take whatever is given to you without any choice. Most times from the school you attend, the course you study, where you live, to the job you do, to the man/woman you marry. We take them all without really thinking about what we truly want and desire. Maybe sometimes it’s difficult to get what we want in life that’s why we settle for what we are given – which is much less than what we want.

After University, I was at that point where I didn’t know where I was heading to in life, it seemed like life was about to give me something, but I didn’t want “it”. In fact I was scared that I would take it. I knew I wanted more than I was about to be offered but I didn’t know ‘what more’. I wanted a job but I didn’t want the one that I was going to get, I wanted to live free but I didn’t want the town I might end up living in, I wanted to get married (I still want lol) but not to just any man. Well, to cut the long story, I gladly took all that was given to me - the job, the location, the salary and the life. But I knew I wanted more!

The journey to discovering me is an ongoing story – my dreams, my passion and purpose. Expect much more on this story in the coming posts…every Sunday.

I hope you had a good read.


The Lady Painter

16 comments:

  1. Ghen Ghen can't wait for the next post Lady painter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ghen Ghen can't wait for the next post Lady painter

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sky is the limit and beyond.
    Go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exciting read!! Can't wait for the next post..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go girl....the sky is your starting point

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go girl....the sky is your starting point

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep pushing your force is strong

    ReplyDelete
  8. But you can write o. Very engaging piece.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm shedding tears! When will I discover mine. Just happy for you -The Lady Painter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will, just don't stop searching. Bless you!

      Delete
    2. You will, just don't stop searching. Bless you!

      Delete
  10. Hello dear you look pretty and i love your ambition keep it up.

    You are amazing in your way.

    Wilson
    08163777012
    willy85g1@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete